Problem with uv lights???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

well usally i have my uv lights running all day i have 2 in my acrylic case blue..any way yesterday for some rsn i smelt something like it got burnt i thought it was the light but it wasnt it was the little blue power supply box for it something inside of it got burnt was this caused because i had it on to long?and whats the longest to keep the uv lights on befor giving it a break?

They shouldn't really need a break, ive got two UV Fans in my PC and my PC is running 24/7 with them on all the time with no problem

I don't see a problem in running UV lights 24/7 hardware wise. However, I think its not really good for your own personal health, given that UV light (however weak it is) is still very carcinogenic, chronic exposure to it may cause malignancies.

In english, that means it ionizes stuff in your blood, and long term exposure will cause cancer.

well i learned the hard way leaving mines on 24 hours costed me yesterday good think only the little blue box inside got burnt up nothing else which i had to change...word of advice if your sleeping just turn it off give it a break after a while and let it cool off.

I bought a light, don't know if it was UV though, maybe just LEDs. But anyway it was supposed to flash and dance to sound waves. But about 4 days later the box connected to the "lamp" melted! I even have pictures I think somewhere.
I sent it back and got a new one, it's ran continually 24/7 for nearly a year.

So, maybe you got a bum box.

Very interresting CMH, didn't even know UV did that, at least, UV lamps for PCs. It's bad enough we're killing our brain cells in front of CRTs (well, for those with CRTs), but now we put UV lights on our stuff! lol
What else can we do to kill ourselves faster? I want to get on Newegg and get one...

Well, I'm not 100% sure exactly what wavelength UV those UV tubes produce, but any UV wave is not healthy, some worse than others. The sun emits a few wavelengths, including the bad ones, thats why being in bad sun too long gives you melanomas :D usually your body can fix the damage, but you don't need to aggravate it. I suppose if you're gonna stay indoors 24/7, you don't have to worry about it....

I bought a light, don't know if it was UV though, maybe just LEDs. But anyway it was supposed to flash and dance to sound waves. But about 4 days later the box connected to the "lamp" melted! I even have pictures I think somewhere.

yea same happend to me the box something inside of it was black and melted so i changed the box ill play it say and turn it off when im sleeping etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back