Hi; I have a Verizon FIOS router m/n MI424WR which has been acting up lately. Beginning about 3 months ago, it began to exhibit the following symptoms: No connectivity from any connected computer on wired LAN. I am not sure if wireless devices had connectivity, but I do not believe so. The problem was always resolved by power cycling the router for about 30 seconds, but it would recur usually after 2-5 days. Eventually I contacted Verizon using live chat, and after they did some checking, had me reset the router to default. This seemed to solve the problem for about 6 weeks, but this week it started happening again. Exactly the same issue. Today though, I decided to check the IP address of my computer while it was not able to connect to the router. I found that the subnet had been changed from its normal 255.255.255.0, to 255.255.0.0. The computer's IP address had changed as well, from 192.168.1.x to 184.108.40.206. Of course, I could not access the router, as the subnet had been changed. Also of note, I have a second router being used only as a switch to connect more PC's to the LAN. This second router is set to an ip address of 192.168.1.2 and is registered as STATIC with the main (Verizon) router. DHCP has been turned off on the second router, and there is no WAN connection, so all it is doing is acting as a switch. I went on live chat with Verizon again this morning, and tried to convince them that I need a new router, but the agent would not issue an order for one. I was told instead that all checks she had done from her end indicated that the router is working fine. Well, yes. I had to reset the router (by power cycling) before getting on live chat. I realize now that I should not have resolved the issue before contacting Verizon. Next time (and there will be a next time) I will call them by phone when the problem is actually occurring. I am curious to know why this problem is occurring. It appears that the router has a problem with its flash RAM where it stores the current parameters, but I am sure it is more complicated than that. Why it works for 6 weeks after having been reset to default, then fails again is perplexing. Note that I am posting here because I can not even get my Verizon FIOS account registered properly on their support forum to post a message. But then, that's not surprising. I have known that Verizon is a dysfunctional company for a long time.