Problem with vista at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

I just bought a copy of vista ultimate x64 and installed it, updated all the graphics drivers, downloaded all the vista updates and restarted. After about a few restarts into vista It would not start. After the vista boot screen it displayed a screen full of black, white and gray squares and would not go any farther. What would cause this? Bad video drivers. I got the 169.28 graphics drivers for vista x64 which is the newest out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Okay first question for you Ryan. Is this on a desktop you built yourself or a notebook? If its a notebook what brand name or even if its a brand name desktop that maybe you bought from a retailer. Cause if you can I would do what is called a system recovery which can be reached by hitting F11 on most HP notebooks and desktops not really sure about anything else, cause I work for HP and thats the only ones I troubleshoot besides the ones I build myself. Cause it could be the fact that maybe your system cant handle the 64-bit version of Vista cause its such a resource hog.

It is a custom built computer by myself. I'm running a q6600 quad which should definitely support vista 64. This is a weird problem bc it should work.

Welcome to Vista....

Have you tried hitting F8 just after the POST screen & tried "Last Good Config". or SafeMode & doing a restore?

The funny thing is that I booted into safe mode and it boots fine, after I do nothing in safe mode I reboot and it boots perfectly into vista. Once I restart my computer it does the same thing forcing me to boot into safe mode and reboot every time I want to use my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back