Problem with visualization full screen mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgoosie

I have a Dimension 2350 and a Dell 20" wide screen flat panel. I am having problems with the visualizations not going into full screen mode. I will try to go to full screen, screen will go black, and then after a few seconds goes right back to WMP 10. Resolution settings are at optimal, 1680 x 1050.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could just be that the graphics card isn`t upto the job.

What graphics card does your computer have?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

It is an Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller. I don't have an actual card just whatever is on the motherboard.

Ah onboard graphics eh?

A graphics card upgrade may be the way to go.

HERE are the specs for your system.

Unfortunately your system doesn`t have an agp slot, so you are limited to a pci graphics card.

I`m not an expert on video cards, so maybe some of our other members would be better suited to advise you on that.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the quick responses howard_hopkinso and vnf4ultra, but I think I will just wait until I build my computer b/c I will use the same monitor.

New card

I have finally gotten tired of turning my dell lcd off so I bought a BFG 6200 OC and a new power supply. I installed the driver for the card that came with the card and everything is fine except for some black lines that show up when I go to install new programs. I contacted BFG about this problem and they had me install driver 77.77 and when I did my computer's processor would run at 100% when trying to recode a movie or watch a movie. I rolled back the driver and everything was fine again. I even downloaded a driver from omegadrivers.net and it worked great except for the fact that it didn't have the option to go to the monitor's full resolution of 1680x1050. Does anyone know of any other stable drivers that will prevent the 100% processor usage and the lines? I will attach a picture later of the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back