Problem with win xp and video driver...plus a second problem thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im new to this so first i would like to introduce myself as every1 here seems to be kool. Im 18 and i luv my pc. but i dont know to much, so here is the rut im stuck in......

Okay so currently I am running Windows xp, with a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Raid 1 //// Nvidia GeForce MX 440 //// ..... I have a GeForce 5700 I am trying to hook up. But, I followed some specific steps, like disableing current video driver, reboot.... then uninstalling, then reboot..... after this it should have set the driver to the default win xp driver allowing one to shut down insert new card reboot, then from there we all know...... so if this is more difficult then i think or i am taking it to more of an extreme then it is worth then feel free to post or email me.... thanks again Staff, peers....

Jesus is with US.

You are doing wrong way...
1. Uninstall your older nVIDIA ForceWare.
2. Open the device manager and delete GeForce MX 440 from display adapter.
3. Put in your GeForce FX5700 Driver Cd in CD/DVD drive. Cancel any setup or autoruns.
4. Shut down Windows. Unplug the power supply. Take out GF MX 440 and put in GFXX5700.
5. Plug in PSU and start the windows. If the windows install the driver automatically, force it to update the driver from the cd. If not, run the setup and restart. Upgrade into MS DirectX 9.0b if possible.

----------

For integrated video on the motherboard...
1. Uninstall your older nVIDIA ForceWare.
2. Open the device manager and delete GeForce MX 440 from display adapter.
3. Put in your GeForce FX5700 Driver Cd in CD/DVD drive. Cancel any setup or autoruns.
4. Restart your pc. Enter the BIOS and disable the integrated video (GF MX 440). Shut down your pc.
5. Put in your GFX 5700 video card and put the monitor line in your GFX5700. Start your pc.
6. run the setup from the cd and restart. (dont forget to upgrade into MS DirectX 9.0b)

Good luck

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back