Problem with Windows XP checking the hardware for installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
I have fully bootable and workable CD of Windows XP, but here comes the problem. When I put the cd into the CDROM and reboot my computer everything is okay, but when the moment where BIOS says " Press any button to .... (to enter in the installation of Windows xp), usually there appears blue screen that says what hardware checks but not any more, I get black screen and nothing :(
Please help me. Thanks

edit: Currently using Linux Fedora Core 6, without any NTFS or FAT32 partitions, could this be a problem?

Do you see whether the CD-Drive is really reading (booting) the XP CD ?

If that's the case then I'd dare say there's a problem finding -or reading- the MBR of the HD. You could provide more information about the machine and size of HD. How much of the HD is Fedora taking ?

In any case it's not recommended to install Windows XP as a second-boot on a machine that has Linux already installed. Windows does not recognize Linux's loader and ends up overwriting it.

I'm afraid if you want to have a dual-boot machine and you don't have so far valuable data on Fedora, you'll have to install Windows XP first, from scratch, and then reinstall Fedora as the second-boot.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back