TechSpot

Problem with world of warcraft patch!

By jdubbzz24
Jan 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please help i cant figure this out!

I recently installed wow and had a problem so i did a system restore and lost the download. So i reinstalled the game and went to play and download the patches.
    The patch downloads then i restart to load it on the computer! When it finishes it says:

Update already installed.

So i then log back in to play and it downloads the same patch and goes through that circle again. I ve tried erasing the patches from the wow folder but it doesnt help. I m not sure if im erasing the right ones and have know idea what to try next! Please Help Thanks! Joe
  2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 638

Did you uninstall the game before you reinstalled it? If not, then try to uninstall and install it again. Also before installing, make sure that the folder where WoW was previously installed is now empty.
  3. jdubbzz24

jdubbzz24 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks

Just tried it but it looks like one of my disks are scratched im gonna have to borrow my buddies cds and get back with ya.
    Thanks joe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.