Problem

Belly

Hi to u all/does anyone know how to delate my pc totally tryed to reboot it but it doesnt work so i want to start from scratch cheers Belly

Its called formatting. Get a backup disk, get into windows or dos, which ever u can, and format(for dos, just type in "format X:" X=Whatever drive u wanna format. Also, what grade are you in? First?? Periods always help in sentences ;) . Try using them sometime, eh?

cheers agissi i will try it later and let u know how i get on with it so i just type in format X

It might be easier to just figure out what the problem is and fix it rather than scrap everything.

If you give details of the problem I'm sure someone here can help you figure it out.

Thats the problem havent got a clue wots up with it it doesnt come up as windows me it comes up black scrren with white writing like i said when i put my reboot disk in it says i cant reboot with this disc wot ever thats means i have done it with that disc b4 so dont know wots happining

Could u give details of the problem (what messege appears including any numbers). Did u install anything before this happerned ?

U can use ME's system restore function. Boot with the ME startupdisk and select help file. Use alt then enter to quit and u will then have a DOS prompt. type: scanreg /restore and select a backup date a couple of days previous.

Formatting may be uncalled for. There are plenty of ways to get around Windows not booting. If you give us the information it gives you, then it may be of some help. Things like error messages, or how far the boot process gets will help muchly! Not to mention tell us what Operating System you have etc... Repair options for Windows 98 differ greatly from Windows XP and so on.

In the meantime, get a Windows 98 startup disk and boot into DOS. (If you have Windows 98 or Me). At the command prompt, type:

scanreg /fix

This can fix many boot problems and is worth trying out.

The Problem

It says:
Searching for boot record from floppy... not found
Searching for boot record from cd.rom....not found
Searching for boot record from scsi......not found

Boot failure insert boot diskette in A:
press any key when ready.

Search for boot disc in cd.rom ...not found
goes onto the restore but says this,
This pc configuration is not supported, you cannot use this windows restore cd with this pc.

Choose reboot or shut down pc

That's NOT a Windows problem. That I can be sure of.

A general suggestionw ould be to double check your cables, drives and BIOS settings.

all the cables r ok wot drivers do i need to check cause i cant get anything up at the mo and how do i get the bios up and wot do i need to do on bios

Ok to access the bios press either Delete or F2 as sonn a u turn computer on. If not look for information on screen as to what button. If u see no bootinformatiom refer to the user handbook or let us guys know what motherboar u have and we will help.
Once your into the bios click the Standard CMOS setup box. ( u will need to use keyboard). Look for option detect all HDD (harddisks) and see if the bios finds your stuff.

hi there Tweakster didnt say anything the sort u said think ill just chuck it away unless any of u know where i can get a cheap motherboard tower from still want the pc upstairs for the kids

Could it just be as simple as making your Hard Disk the first or second drive to boot? Make the floppy drive the first, then the Hard disk the second...

Dunno whether you already tried this??

hey, who'd have thought that years later, someone with the same problem decided to follow tweakster's advice! and it worked!

thanks a lot

Back