Problems after installing new agp video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escaflownev1

Ok in order to install my new agp vid card i had to disable all my integrated graphics card. I did this and my new agp card is not working and neither is my integrated one. I cannot see anything on my monitor past the windows xp loading logo. I cannot even see the sign in screen. I can however enter bios. Is there anyway for me to enable my integrated graphics card? please help

where did u disable the integrated video? if u did not do it in the BIOS u should have and u can go back and do it. u might go into the BIOS and check and see what is shown for u're video card or video. other wise some one will be along.

Sounds like a dumb question, but did you install the right drivers?? Usually the Manufacturer's software checks for hardware compatibility, but I suppose it is not out of the question.

t c there arent many dumb questions here, and this isnt one of them, its someone who needs help, if you can help please do so...

try just hitting f8 when booting up repeatidally, then go to start windows with the best working settings or somthing like that

There is a setting to turn off integrated video in the BIOS. To enter the BIOS you have to hit a key at startup. Usually Delete or F8, it will say on the bottom of the screen. Not sure what it will be under, just look in each menu for it. After that reboot and Windows will set a default driver for your new video card. Then proceed to install your drivers. It's best to just download from the manufacturer's website to get the latest drivers.

T_C_ said:
Sounds like a dumb question, but did you install the right drivers?? Usually the Manufacturer's software checks for hardware compatibility, but I suppose it is not out of the question.

He wasnt trying to make a moccary of escaflownev1's question at all.
He was simply referring to the question he was asking. Chill out man.

agp port

In the bios the only thing that invovles graphics card is an option between switching to pci or integrated graphics card. there is no disabling option. I installed my new card on my agp port. I heard somewhere that certain ibm computers have agp ports but they are disabled and can never be used, is this true?

switch to the pci then. once that is done the integrated graphics will be off. then once in Windows install the driver for the new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back