Problems after system restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlmilktea

Hey guys..

my computer stuffed up awhile ago.. then i system restored my computer to a earlier time.
After like 4 days.. i put a cd in my ASUS DRW-1604P CD/DVD and it didn't respond. i looked over at "Device Manager" and i found alot of devices have problems
asdad21.jpg

There was USB Printer support but i uninstall it for some random reasons..

My Microphone(Ventrilo and Teamspeak doesn't work), Printer, and CD Drive has problems and are not responding...
I tried reinstalling/Updating the driver and it doesn't work either :S
asd.jpg

Can any 1 help me?
(sorry for all the pictures)

you can try the choice of 'update drivers'. then select the place where they can be found, ie c:eek:r d: followed by path if it is in a file.
re-install any drivers from CD that you may have.
go to specific hardware sites that are affected, and get drivers from there, then install them with the wizard, select the browse option, then select the location of any drivers that you may have downloaded.
Q.when you set this system restore point, was it after a virus removal, and at the time of removal, was systems restore on or off?

Yes! that was exactly what happened.. but instead of a virus.. i had ads/spyware

This is exactly what happened..

I downloaded a trail of Ad-Aware, and i scaned my computer for ads..
After scan i found like 100+ files and i deleted em..
After the day.. i shutdowned my computer.

The next day(after school) i turned my computer on and allmost every program didn't work..Ad-aware was working and i restored all the deleted files and rebooted my computer..
The problem still occured so i system restored back a few days.

And yes.. my system restore was on when i had ads and stuff
I think your starting to understand my problem

Edit: i just downloaded the ASUS driver Frimware V1.18 from the official site (www.asus.com)
then i went to update driver and i set the folder to search for the driver.
after the search it says this
Cannot Continue the hardware Update Wizard:
The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed.

did you try installing the driver just by installing direct from the file, ie by double clicking it, it may well self install. can i also suggest that you get a prgramme such as 'registry mechanic', (which i find reliable) that will tidy up your registry, and create good restore points?
when you clean a virus from you machine, it advised by many, that you turn off restore point during the cleaning process, as the restore point may well still contain the virus.

when i double click on it, it says "Avaliable target not found"

"Befor a virus scan you should take system restore off" thx for the tip =D

=D
Code:
"Befor a virus scan you should take system restore off" thx for the tip =D
only when there is a virus to be cleaned, (not on the scan)then after cleaning, then do another scan, if you are happy that your pc is clean, switch on restore and create a restore point.

ok this is getting a bit off topic +P
do you know where i can get Multimedia Video Controller driver?

i lost all my cds that came with the computer..

Edit: I got registry mechanic and i scaned and fixed =D

im lost >.<

lets get back to the ASUS DRW-1604P topic.
is there other ways to try reinstalling the driver? double clicking or using the update driver won't work :S

maby i downloaded the wrong thing

I thought (and still do) that the entire issue here is simply this:

MS has secretly installed (as they always do) a rootkit that assures they control 'your' pc.

This rootkit is assuredly installed as it is included in SP2 and even if you don't run SP2, still MS assures it (SDS 2.0) gets installed by slipping it in whenever a user begins to download any MS update.

MS does installs what amounts to their enhanced updates's rootkit by downloading it when the user is forced to run MS's genuine Windows software verification tool. any MS updates (band-aids).

Solution, either locate a crack for MS updates (so's to truely disable updates), never install SP2 or any MS Windows updates, and especially never run their validation tool.

Oh yes, dump MS and go to lenix which I hear is by far more secure, but requires users to learn a lot about running DOS (which is why most are still avoiding lenix).

Looks like until lenix becomes user fiendly, MS will assuredly still be owning (amongst other things) your OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back