Problems after upgrading both my ram and video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently i tried upgrading both my memory and adding a video card. I followed all instructions to a T, and everything worked great for about 6 hours. Then out of nowhere my computer shuts down. I, then, try and start it up. Up pops a screen that tells me to strike f1 to try reboot, or strike f2 for system configuration. I push f1 only to get the same message. This is the only message i have seen now for the past two days.I am hoping this post will either give me a diagnoses or a solution to my problem. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you.

ssnider20

Try reinstalling the old memory and see if your system stabilizes... What make is the new memory and what is the new video card?

the new memory is pny 512mb and the new video card is ati radeon 9250.i have tried removing both video card and new memory and replacing the old but nothing stabilizes. Still gives me the same message. I should probably also add that the computer is a dell dimension 3000 series.

You can try clearing cmos and clean & reseat Ram and Video card try booting with everything unpluged except cpu and ram\memory.
Maybe its the Power supply

dell often uses propritetary memory. Read the ram and troubleshooting guides in the guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back