TechSpot

Problems burning CDS

By rollinviperack
Nov 27, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Color=Darkred I just bought this Notebook. I burnt 3 cds on it. and Now i get An error stating it cannot buffer the information needed to be burned on the disc, i tried everything trying to get it back and working. But nothing seems to work ANyone Help?

Please note that CD burning issues belongs in the storage forum. Thread has been moved. Please use proper forums in the future.

Thanks,
    ~StormBringer~

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,533   +301

What burning program are you using?
  3. rollinviperack

rollinviperack TS Rookie Topic Starter

Burning program

Ive tried using nero, roxio, music match, and windows media.

I tried updatin the driver, and such, i just cant figure out what been goin on with it.
  4. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

It may be the drive Nero is using as temp file is too full.Makes sure there is enough room and delete old files.
    Also ckeck your pagefile settings.Is there lots of room on that drive and is the Pagfile big enough?
    Finally Portables tend to have less CPU power and Ram.When you burn stop all unnecessary Applications.
  5. rollinviperack

rollinviperack TS Rookie Topic Starter

IM runnin a pentium 4 ar 2 GHZ, i have little crap what so ever on my computer, I also shut down as many little and big programs as i can when trying to burn.

But it still suffers, and i think it may be the drive. It does tend to studder when im playing dvd's on it, and a good bang on the keyboard does the trick.
  6. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Have you confirmed DMA settings for that drive?
    Also check for a firmware update for the Rom.
  7. blaacksheep

blaacksheep TS Rookie Posts: 80

If it can't buffer the info, either it's a space problem, or a fragmentation problem. Check for at least 1 gig of free space so there is room for an image file AND the buffering room your burning software requires. Also, if you have limited free space and it's badly fragmented (especially on a laptop with a slower HD) your burning software may be trying to access your drive faster than it can seek the required data, causing the buffer to empty. Try defragging your drive to fix this problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.