Problems connecting to internet on laptop

I have been having problems connecting my laptop to the internet over my home's wifi network. Other wireless devices still connect no problem, but since Thursday I can't connect with my laptop. I have tried numerous solutions culled from google, but nothing has worked. My most recent attempt was from this forum so I decided to try here first for a solution specifically for my situation. I have an Asus i5 Windows 7 computer with a netgear wireless router. My laptop says it connects to the network (wireless router shows this connection), but it shows no internet connection. I have used my cell phone as a wireless hotspot and the laptop is able to connect to the internet that way. I used a LAN connection to assure myself that the laptop could connect to the internet and it did just fine. I am at a loss and frustrated beyond belief. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

That problem is basically solved I guess. I occasionally have issues with connectivity still, but it is much rarer now. When I do begin to connect it takes about 3 minutes for the connection to connect to the internet through the wireless router and every time the computer goes to sleep it disconnects which means starting the process over again.

Back