Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro 128meg or Gforce FX 5200 128meg
MSI dvd burner
Liton dvd rom
Maxtor HD
Generic firewire card
windows xp sp2 upgrade from sp1

With the 9600pro the game just crashes with out warning there are no errors
i have tryed ATIs drivers, the latest 5.5, Omega drivers, turned the AGP to X4
turned smartwrite off , turned write combining off adjusted the bios accordingly, changed the AGP to CPU bridging to the via bridging .patched doom 3 with the 1.3 patch
the game runs sweet but just crashes randomly anywhere through the game

With the 5200, OK its not that great!! the screen flickers and looks like crap!!
i have the lates drivers also

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME MAN!! :mad:

I have been to www.activision.com/support with no help i have tried there suggestions , but no luck.

It realy craps me off man when you buy something and it doesnt work, or its broken.
I feel like taking all my games and Pc outside and doing a massive burnout on it.
Yes!! I know i need to see someone about this anger!!
BUT ITS DOING MY HEAD IN MAN!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MEEEEE please :)

Theres a chance the 9600 is overheating. Use compressed air to blow out the processor heatsink and power supply. If the power supply is faulty or underpowered you will have gaming problems. Also make sure nothing else is running in the background when you're gaming. When is the last time you did a clean install of Windows. Having different video drivers can cause problems. I set up a seperate partition just for gaming and that solved all my problems like crashing and dropped frames. Ditch the 5200, its crap.

Yeah ill try to blow out the card with air, I have a 400w power supply I also have patitiond my 40gig drive to two 20 gig drives i put XP on the first drive and put all my programes and games on the second drive, the problem is still there.
thanks for your quick responce man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back