TechSpot

Problems going BACK in forums

By poertner_1274
Feb 11, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. I have been browsing the forums for a while today, and it seems that every time I look at a thread, then I hit back to look at another one, it doensn't go. I have to use the pulldown menu at the bottom to return to whatever forum I was in.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or not????:confused:

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,681   +392

I was just comming to site comments to post on that. lol
    Same problem, once I have read a post in order to go back I have to hit it 5 times. The first time it ungrey's that forward box but it doesn't go back still, I have to hit it 4 more times before I can actually go back to the previous page.
    I'm using IE 6.0.2600.000 in Windows XP (if the 2600 didn't already tell you).

3. Ai Hate

Ai Hate TS Rookie Posts: 302

my identiti...

if i don't choose "use cookies" and let vb save my username and password, i wouldn't be directed back to the thread after i've posted. instead, i'll be directed to the useless user cp page. :dead:
    and if i don't "use cookies", i'll have to enter my name and password everytime i post. :dead:
    and i'm using a public pc... just think if someone comes in to the forums and change my password... :eek:
    missed the old login page.

4. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

The "REAL" uncleel

I think it has to do w/ Java Script, pop-ups & that Soyo ad.

5. SNGX1275

Re: The "REAL" uncleel

I think you might be on to something there. I did notice once before some people had problems with not being redirected after posting. That problem was because the ads did not load up. But I don't think thats happening 100% of the time when I can't get back, so that might be JavaScript problem?

btw, I click the ads all the time and that Soyo ad seems to be the only one that doesn't go through ads.ad-flow.com before the page, and that Soyo ad takes the longest to load up when you click it.

6. uncleel

The "REAL" uncleel

Originally posted by uncleel
    Java Script, that Soyo ad.

Rh click on that ad, un-tic "play" page will load faster.
    (p.s.) ad money is a good thing.

7. SNGX1275

Re: The "REAL" uncleel

:)

8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,924   +548

Ok, Soyo ad is gone... at least on the forums =).

9. uncleel

hit the back button four times quickly

If you hit the back button four times quickly, it seems to work.

Also try: IE, click on View and un-check Status Bar.

10. SNGX1275

old news :)