Not open for further replies.
i have the following configuration:

audigy premium
inspire 5.1 digital 5700 speakers
ati radeon 8500
windows xp
amd 1800
pioneer 116 (16X DVD-ROM)

the speakers never seem to recognize dolby digital input signals. when i run the creative's test software, everything seems fine but when i play a dvd which is DD encoded, i only get stereo sound. HELP!

Some DVD players need to be set to use DD. With WinDVD there was an option you could enable. Which DVD player do you use?

Have you Unticked AC-3 decode in Audio HQ -> Speakers -> Settings. What way have you connected to the speakers as well?

more info

I am using a Pioneer VDV-116. Also, my Audigt Card is hooked up to the Inspire speakers using the Digital DIN connector. I've noticed that the DVD player only has L/R output and does not have a SPDIF output connector. So I suspect that the dolby digital tracks are down-mixed to L/R channels?

Re: more info

Originally posted by giswfg
I am using a Pioneer VDV-116. Also, my Audigt Card is hooked up to the Inspire speakers using the Digital DIN connector. I've noticed that the DVD player only has L/R output and does not have a SPDIF output connector. So I suspect that the dolby digital tracks are down-mixed to L/R channels?
No, the cable won't matter from the soundcard to DVD drive (You shouldn't even require them to be connected at all now). What setting have you set your software dvd decoder to?
& in audio hq as well ac-3 decode should be disabled in order for the inspire to decode it

I have tested a variety of configurations. I now have the Audigy card connected to the speakers using the Digital DIN connector as well as the analog connectors (front and rear). It is my understanding that when Dolby Digital is cleared, the front and rear analog outputs are active and the DIN connector toggles to the analog center and sub signals. When Dolby Digital is checked, the DIN connection carries the dolby digital signal.

With this understanding, I have tested the following combinations:

1) Dolby Digital checked, AC3 clear, Digital DIN on, 5.1 effect
2) Dolby Digital clear, AC3 on, Line In on, 5.1 effect
3) etc.

-steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back