Problems in System Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

First time on here. I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this question but I'm sure someone will point me in the right direction if not.

This is a two part question : 1.

I'm having problems with my set-up in that my joystick isn't functioning correctly. However, I'll leave that for my second post. In my device manager I'm showing Other Devices - PCI Simple Communications Controller, even though the wizard has installed this. What is it? and why does it have an exclamation mark. Is it a dial up modem that's still in the machine, even though I'm using broadband?

By the same token I have two versions of Standard Game Port. I uninstalled both and re-booted. Both re-appeared. But one has an exclamation mark and says that there are insufficient resources to run it.

I have an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard with on board sound and graphics. I've recently installed a standard PCI sound card and a GeForce FX6200 AGP graphics card.

2. My bios set-up is titled PHOENIX - AWARDBIOS SETUP UTILITY. Does anyone know how I can check whether the on board sound and graphics are disabled?

Many thanks for any replies.

Allan

Do both your motherboard and pci sound card have game ports? If so, that could explain your other thread. I'm not familiar with your bios setup, but there should be a spot in there to disable the on-board sound (and hopefully the game controller as well).

Yes, they both have gameports. However, when I originally installed this card I was able to disable the sound but keep the gameport active (on the m/b, that is) so that I got sound from the PCI card and the gameport of the m/d. But I'm damned if I can remember how I did this.

Thanks for the reply.

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back