Problems Installing SP2 for Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop with XP Pro and am trying to add a microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse. When I run the keyboard and mouse install cd, I am told I need to install SP2. When loading SP2 from the microsoft SP2 cd, partly through the install a error message pops up with; Access Denied, contact systems administrator. My computer is part of a domain and I have administrator rights. I have tried to install the SP many different ways but every time I get the same error message. Is there a work around that I can use to install SP2, all I am looking to do is add bluetooth.

Does not work in safe mode or disconnected from nework. Not sure on how to disconnect/remove from domain. I think the problem is that I am part of a domain and our IT dept has blocked the install of SP2.
Any other ideas?

On Windows 2000 server, there is an Adminpak.msi (in \i386) which gives you loads of Domain-functions etc.
See if you can get hold of the same or similar from your server.

Or go to Start/Settings/Network... Connections
Select the Advanced menu and choose Network Identification. Change the domain and join a workgroup (any workgroup) if it lets you. Then do your upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back