Problems installing windows updates

Suzieb8

Hi,
I got some malaware on my computer and have been very ably assisted by the Malaware Forum.

I now have an issue with installing windows updates. Initially with KB3035490 and KB3023224. This has now been resolved after cleaning up my .NET framework.

I then tried to install update KB982670 which failed.

Then I commenced to follow Method I to reset windows update components. Installed and ran FixIt 50202. Came up with a message that CRYTSVC could not be stopped ...so I cancelled. Tried to follow the instructions give in 971058 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058 to manually reset Windows Update components. Unfortunately I missed the bit about backing up the registry
I followed
    1. Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
    2. net stop bits
  • net stop wuauserv
  • net stop appidsvc
  • net stop cryptsvc
  1. Delete the qmgr*.dat files. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:

Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
This file could not be found so I exited and tried to restore my computer to earlier time Restore cannot access a file...an unspecified error (0x80070005).......

Bron from the Malaware forum suggested I run Tweaking.com's Windows Repair tool which I have done,

I still cannot install the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile......a fatal error occurs.

Also Windows update seems to be permanently off. I cannot change the settings.

Hope you can help

Thanks in advance
Suzie

Back