Problems installing Windows XP on SATA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two SATA HD's one being a 400gb Western Digital (WD400KD) and the other being a 200gb Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 (Maxtor 6Y200M0). Right now I have 64bit Windows XP Pro installed on the 400gb WD and the Maxtor is setup just for additional storage.

Now since I've been having problems with things being compatible with Windows x64 I'd like to install my 32bit Windows XP Pro on the Maxtor hd and then make seperate partitions on it to install both the 32bit & 64bit Windows and boot from which ever I'd like.

Now the problem I'm having is when I try to install the 32bit Windows on the Maxtor HD. I put in the Windows cd and boot from cdrom, the Windows setup comes up & I hit F6, now when it tells me to enter the floppy disk to install the drivers I get some error about txtsetup.oem...I can't remember what exactly it says since I haven't wrote it down.

btw my mobo is an Abit KN8 SLi

Here is the message it gives me:

"File txtsetup.oem cause an unexpected error (512) at line 1747 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c"

I can still boot from my Western Digital hd that has my 64bit Windows on it.

you may not need to be adding the sata drivers as the existing os already has them loaded the drivers may be 32/64
try to run install without the F6 prompt
or you can try this :remove the drive with 64bit OS then install xp 32
or switch the 2 drives on the channels
the run install

I've tried installing it with out the F6 prompt and it tells me Windows hasn't detected any drives. Also I've tried taking out the hd with the 64bit OS on it & installing 32bit OS on the other hd & it won't detect it & I've tried switching channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back