Problems Installing Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have XP pro SP2 trying to do a new clean install on a new system, specs are the following:

Epox 9pna+ Ultra Mobo (updated BIOS already)
Lite ON DVDRW
WD SATA 80gb
NVidia 6600LE 256 PCIe Video card
1gb Corsair dual channel DDR550 2x 512
Operton 144 64 (939)
OCZ 520w Powerstream

Everything seems to go fine until we start the installation. The CD will boot and start going through the loading and always freezes either on the Windows Setup or INTEL PCI IDE driver loading during the blue screen phase. At this time the DVD rom will speed up then just stop.

Things we have done, is I took out the SATA and replaced it with a good EIDE Maxtor 40gb drive. That made no difference. We switched out video cards with an old ATI, that did not work. We swiched out DVD drives with a known good one, still nothing. The first thing we did was update the bios but that made little difference. We also tried puting the ram in one at a time and placing them in the different slots on the mobo with no success. The CPU speed is fine and is not overheating, at least according to the motherboard's health status in the bios. The Heat sink is cool to the touch. We have also tried using a different XP cd to see if that would help. Nothing has so far.

I'm basically all out of Ideas. We load the fail safes on the BIOS, disabled every device, and still nothing. I was hoping someone here might have some better ideas as we are lost.

Thanks!

Are you using an anti static wrist strap when you touch the motherboard? I hope so. Maybe you fried some component on the mobo.

and you installed the sata mb raid drivers for the board
oops you tried a ide and that didn't work ???HHMMM
wait a little longer for the system to copy and load ???
check disc for scratchs/dents dirty???
I bought a new W$K sever disc ,factory pin hole in it would not load to save my life always stopped at loading dirver cab files.
before you do anothing alse I would try a new disc
PS
some special OEM disc's will not load on other systems
like dell,gateway

No nothing on the mobo is fried otherwise it won't even boot up.

The CD is an academic version, both of the copies, one has no scratches and is perfect, the other a few, but it made no difference. THe only thing I could think of is a voltage issue, but even then the 3.3, 5.1 and 12 were all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back