Problems Pretend Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm not exactly computer savvy. But I build my own.

A M/B for Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 Processor
;2 fans on the CPU blowing front to back, a fan on the back blowing back, and a fan on the side blowing in
;2 Vitesta DDR 400 Memory
;2 80 GB Hard Drives
;400W power unit
;and I originally put in a GF 6200 256MB DDR2 TV DVI Video card but the Heat sink broke off when I dropped it one day.
Stupid me. Even better.
I tried to use it anyway but I kept having my computer crash. Well it really didn't crash. My video card just shut down.
I changed my Video card to a Radeon B2 512 HD2600 XT AGP. Now some times, only if I play a high res game its shuts down again. It give me the same
" Bouncy no monitor/PC connection"
thing on my Monitor. I found if I let my computer sit when it does that, that eventually it will cool off and I will get my monitor back. But recently I go to turn my computer on after being off all night and my PC turns up and my monitor has power but I get that same " Bouncy no Monitor/PC connection" thing.
What the heck is going on and how do I fix it?

Did you put thermal compound between the CPU and it's heatsink when you assembled it? The CPU could be over heating. Now the motherboard could be fried

" Bouncy no monitor/PC connection"

This means that the monitor is in it's sleep mode. The PC has stopped sending a video signal to the monitor

Yes, I made sure of that. I thought that was the problem too so thats when I bought the Ultra Heat Pipe Heat sink. Just about a weak ago I cleaned out my computer. I took it all apart and cleaned everything with a dry rag and dust remover moisture free cleaning stuff. I know its my video over heating because the first time I was playing my Battlefield 2142 on High it crashed and I checked the video card heat sink and it was hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back