Problems sharing cable connection using linksys router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my connection going through a wrt54g linksys router.I am trying to share my connection with another computer in the other room,everything is setup but it seems the router is only allowing the connection to go to 1 computer or the other?I have tried all i could think of but with no prevail.Another note;Whenever i try to setup a network using the "network setup wizard" i get the following error."An error occurred during configuration of the network on this computer". Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have you tried reading the Linksys manual?

It would help if you told us how exactly you set up your network. And forget about Windows wizards.

realblackstuff will kindly post his basic networking guide soon. Stay tuned :p

I bought a new linksys cable modem to make sure the router would be compatible.the ethernet cable from the modem goes to the router,router to the host computer,then another cable going into the other room from the router.The manual didnt help much,and i dont have the setup software that came with the router since it worked the first couple days i plugged it in.And it got misplaced.But like i said before,it only lets 1 connection go through,either to this computer or the other one in the next room.On a side note,i have the computer in the other room using 2 25 foot cat5 ethernet cables,so i havent gone wireless yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back