Problems successfully burning in 16X DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello eveyone I am a newbe with a problem. I recently received a Dell Dimension 8400 with 16x DVD R=RW burner. However, when I tried burning a video file on my hard drive I received the following messages:

Using 8X DVD disks (and selecting this speed) I got this message: Could not complete the last command: DVDerr (DVDErr, 721100).

Using 16X DVD disks (and selecting this speed) I got this message: Could not complete this last command because: Device Error Sense Code (3 73 02) - Power Calibration Area is full - Sequential write (DVDErr, 226050).

I am totally unfamiliar with these error codes, so I will appreciate any help on the matter.

StressZero

16X DVD burner...... must still be warm out of the oven. :slurp:

It'd be cool if you filled out your machine's specs in your profile. It's very helpful especially in hardware related issues. Do you have at least 1GB of RAM? Can you burn DVD's at a lower speed? Can you burn a CDR? Have you tried to burn a different file?

Try a few different test burns to make sure A. the hardware does in fact work at perhaps a slower speed and B. that the file you are trying to burn is not dammaged. A lot of burner applications have a speed argument "maximum available", try this too if it is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back