problems uninstalling sis630/730 in order to install radeon 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm new to this, so I hope I get it right. Have recently bought Radeon 9250 video card to install. All links on web say to uninstall old card first, but have been to control panel, add/remove programs to try and uninstall it there, but it won't. Can anyone help, please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Driver cleaner programme from HERE

Boot into safe mode, and uninstall your SiS video drivers from add remove programmes, then run the driver cleaner programme. Read the Instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Have started in safe mode and eventually managed to remove sis 630/730. Restarted computer with new video card in place and monitor plugged into it, but the monitor didn't work. Replaced monitor cable back into its usual slot and inserted disc, but was unable to install drivers for Radeon card. Automatic install didn't start so I tried to manually install it, but couldn't find the install prompt, tried typing it in, but it wasn't recognised. Starting to tear hair out now.
Also thought BIOS was something to do with safemode but couldn't find it in there. Sorry for being such a computer gonk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back