Problems w/DVD Burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was getting errors with my Khyperion DVD+RW drive and tried to update the firmware. Afterwards, every time that I would put a blank DVD in, it would only recognize it as a CD. I have tried making the drive the only one, uninstalling my burner software (all 3), uninstalling the drivers, doing a repair install of WinXP Home, swapping out IDE cables, putting the DVD on IDE channel 1, and probably a few other things. Finally, I decided that I must have fried the drive so I bought an NEC drive.

It has the same problem. :(

This is likely not it (but at least it will get your post bumped up to the top again) but have you tried different media? Sometimes you just get a bad batch of dvds.

Another thing to check is your software, roxio and some disk mounting utilities like daemon tools and others cause problems like that.

Does it still read dvds?

mmmmmaybe the aspi drivers
check serivces and disable IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service
bad cable??????

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Now for the answers and an update:
1. Different media was the very first thing I tried.
2. Never heard of daemon tools. Roxio was one of the software packages that I had uninstalled - and have not reinstalled it yet.
3. It reads DVD's.
4. Not sure how to access/check for the aspi drivers.
5. Already had the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service disabled.
6. The cable has already been replaced.

Now for the update: I tried installing Nero (the version that came with one of my drives at some point in time) and was able to burn a data DVD. Since I had luck with that, I tried reinstalling DVDXcopy, but it still won't recognize my drive. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back