Problems when in 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_17

Hi!

I've got a Athlon XP2000+, 512 ddr/266mhz and a Radeon 8500LE card. When i'm playin games, 1-2 minutes after I start, the computer totally freezes and i have to reset the machine with the button. Thats only when playing in 3d. The computer runs stable even when downloading stuff for 3 consecutive days.

I just don't know where to start looking for the problem, as i don't have a clue....

what can I do to at least find out what is originating the problem?

First ensure that you have the latest video drivers from ATI and try to check your 3D configuration with some software or even just with DXdiags for DX to see if all the tests pass successfully.
try to identify the problem, i mean does it happen in OpenGl mode AND DX or only one of them & such stuff ...

What mobo is ur pc running on? I have a similiar problems of yours, but i haven't found the solution yet...its prettying annoying as at the mean time, i m running my pc at an underclock speed with 100MHZ bus due to stability porblems related to my MSI KT400 motherboard.

I'm sounding like a chantmaster here, but you should try disabling AGP 4x on VIA chipsets.. :p

Hi young & wild,

Now It seem the problem is worst.

The computer sometimes will boot and sometimes just won't. My mobo is a Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite. I disabled a lot of stuff and still it sometimes won't post. I can be using the computer for 5 hours, then I go to sleep and in the morning it doesnt turn on. I try a few times and it magically boots.

About the agp i tried all, if i put it on 133 mhz for the bus it'll freeeze past a few minutes.

Anyone think this has o solution or should I throw the pc throught the window :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back