TechSpot

Problems with a .sys file.

By colt455
Mar 21, 2006
  1. Hello, recently I am a bit new here, found your site via google search.

I saw a previous thread where someone posted a link to get 'kbdhid.sys'..

I am also in need of this file and the link was removed from the previous site, my question to you folk is could we get a re-post? :)

Thanks in advance.

2. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

windows XP/ME/98/95 CD?

Do you have a windows cd? If so, boot from the windows cd and look for the file and transfer it to the harddrive. Can you still boot into windows? I know it is a silly question, but I was just wondering :grinthumb

P.S. kbdhid.sys is the keyboard configuration file. You will need to copy this file from the windows cd. Then it should work.

P.P.S: I found this site on google search also :grinthumb

3. colt455

colt455 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nope, friend has my windows disk.

That's why i'm tryin to get a download :(

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

5. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

NO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A COMPUTER FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A WASTE AND I WOULD COMPLAIN TO MICROSOFT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you can ask your friend to use a windows cd or use system restore to fix it. Did you put in a new keyboard or did it suddenly go missing without warning

6. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,160   +198

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/22986/22986.html

Hi..

Found this link..gives you a way of getting the file you need back ( i think :) )

Hope this works.. if not can you be a bit more specific about how the problem started in the first place??

Thanks!

PS.. also read in a forum or two if you have a usb mouse/keyboard spare..they should work fine..( again not sure if this works..)

7. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.