Problems with an asrock 939 duel sata 2 and a radeon x700 pci express

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im having problems with my sysytem freezing up or resetting my vpu in game constantly my system is:

ASRock Duel SATA 2
Radeon X700 256 mb Pci Express
1GB Corsair matched ram
AMD Athlon 64 x2 duel core processor 3800+

I have looked through here with googles help and sort of seen help for this problem but any help someone can offer would be great

doesn't sound like a mobo issue. sounds like a memory issue, or video card driver issue.

also, did you go into your BIOS and chage the primary video to PCI-E, if you did not, then that may be the issue.

done the the latest driver and bios and changed it to PCI-E too i have done a bit of looking round and there seems to be others with roughly the same problem as me

i use the same mobo in my current system, and i've never had any probs with video (but I still use an AGP in mine, i haven't installed a PCI-E card in it yet)

again, the symptoms that you are describing really don't point to a mobo problem. I tried searching and could not find any threads or articles with anybody else having an issue like yours with this board.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/archive/index.php/t-6006.html

well seeing as i got this off this forum yesterday and hes having the same problem and if you read his replys he found a solution but it means replacing the bios of the mobo and graphics card i think others are having the same problem ;)

i was hoping someone would be able to come up with an easier fix than this

the only difference is hes using a x800gto an mines an x700

if that's all it takes is a BIOS update, then what's the problem?

just flash it and you'll be all set :)

in case you're worried about flashing the BIOS, don't be... it's very easy.

it can be flashed right from windows

»Updating BIOS Procedures (from ASRock's website)...

1. Download the BIOS package (WinZip format with .zip file extension). And close all programs.
2. Unzip and save all files to the same directory of any storage location accessible by the host system. And you should see AFUWIN.EXE, UCORESYS.SYS, UCOREVXD and UCOREW64.SYS.
3. Click AFUwin.exe.
4. It shows a dialog icon to remind you to close other programs. Click "OK".
5. After finishing upgrading the BIOS, it shows a dialog icon to remind you to restart the system. Click "Yes".
6. After system restart, press <F2> to enter the BIOS setup utility during boot up. In Exit menu, please select "Load Default Settings" and press <Enter> to continue.
7. Select "Exit Saving Changes" and press <Enter> to exit the BIOS setup utility.
8. now, system is booting up with new BIOS.

someone already put the latest BIOS on here from ASRock when i first started having problems, the fix is to put custom BIOS on it and i really wouldn't know where to start anyways i think i might just give up on this mainboard as i have found out that ASRock are known to have issues and i should be getting a new one sometime this week from a more well known company such as ASUS (yes i know they own ASRock) or some other as well known company, thanks for the help everyone

Fetz said:
the fix is to put custom BIOS on it and i really wouldn't know where to start anyways
just use the same flash utility or a DOS floppy to put the custom BIOS on. it's really not a big deal, you have put far more effort into avoiding a BIOS flash than it would've taken just to flash it in the first place.

by the way, the latest BIOS from ASRock was just released yesterday, which means that you don't have the latest one.

don't just go by mainboard brand alone, every brand name has good boards and bad boards. the ASRock name hasn't been known to be the best (ASUS designs them and ECS builds them), but the mobo you have has gotten very good reviews and is IMO one of the best boards you can get for the price.

if you don't want it anymore, don't junk it... you could still get about $50 for it on ebay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back