Problems with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

HI,

i have just aquired a ati radeon 9600pro, however when i play on tiger woods 06&07 after playing a few holes of smoothe and graphicly excellent gaming my 15" monitor suddenly switches onto standby for no apparent reason!!!!!

i have the latset ati radeon drivers installed and havee also tried omega's with no sucess, my power options are set correctly.

my pc specs-

amd sempron 2500+
512bc pc2700 ram
40gb HDD
asrock k7 upgrade mobo
300 watt psu

any suggestions will be greatly appriciated,
thanks a lot

I looked and found specs on your graphics card (ATI 9600 Pro). It is a graphics unit for not real game intense applications. I am thinking that this is your first step into the graphics/game world. I am not at all familiar with the golf game that you are playing...but because it (is) a golf type game, it doesn't require a lot of FPS (frames per second). I look at your system (and please don't hate me)...but your computer at this point is a lower game intensive machine, so far. I can only advise that with your system's limitations, you can easily encounter a 'freezing' or a 'standby' due to one or more of your components reaching it's limitations and "putting it's head in the sand" to rest. My E-Mail address is available on my profile and if you care to contact me there, I would be happy to explain in more detail what's going on in a machine that is starting to 'peak'. It's nothing to worry about. Welcome to the world of upgrading! Good Luck. REDNEFCELEB.

Thanks M8 you could be right, at the moment i have 4 pc's, 3 of which are coustom built and this is my middle of the road one. from what i know TW&07 are not hugely graphicly demanding games.U until the game monitor suddenly decides to take a nap my pc shows no sign of struggling, it runs very smoothly and the graphics are very good, i was thinking it could be the card overheating, as i have an older style desktop case and only 2 fans, or the PSU may be not up to it. the card worked perfectly on my other pc though, any other suggestions anbody?????????

this sounds like heat to me. i have experienced something similar to this when i left the fan speed on my graphics card low and watched a near enough full screen video - i turned the fan speed back up and after a few seconds it came back, because the gpu had cooled down again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back