Problems with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

By Robin997
Nov 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI,

i have just aquired a ati radeon 9600pro, however when i play on tiger woods 06&07 after playing a few holes of smoothe and graphicly excellent gaming my 15" monitor suddenly switches onto standby for no apparent reason!!!!!

i have the latset ati radeon drivers installed and havee also tried omega's with no sucess, my power options are set correctly.

my pc specs-

amd sempron 2500+
    512bc pc2700 ram
    40gb HDD
    asrock k7 upgrade mobo
    300 watt psu

any suggestions will be greatly appriciated,
    thanks a lot
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

I looked and found specs on your graphics card (ATI 9600 Pro). It is a graphics unit for not real game intense applications. I am thinking that this is your first step into the graphics/game world. I am not at all familiar with the golf game that you are playing...but because it (is) a golf type game, it doesn't require a lot of FPS (frames per second). I look at your system (and please don't hate me)...but your computer at this point is a lower game intensive machine, so far. I can only advise that with your system's limitations, you can easily encounter a 'freezing' or a 'standby' due to one or more of your components reaching it's limitations and "putting it's head in the sand" to rest. My E-Mail address is available on my profile and if you care to contact me there, I would be happy to explain in more detail what's going on in a machine that is starting to 'peak'. It's nothing to worry about. Welcome to the world of upgrading! Good Luck. REDNEFCELEB.
  3. Robin997

Robin997 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 139

Thanks M8 you could be right, at the moment i have 4 pc's, 3 of which are coustom built and this is my middle of the road one. from what i know TW&07 are not hugely graphicly demanding games.U until the game monitor suddenly decides to take a nap my pc shows no sign of struggling, it runs very smoothly and the graphics are very good, i was thinking it could be the card overheating, as i have an older style desktop case and only 2 fans, or the PSU may be not up to it. the card worked perfectly on my other pc though, any other suggestions anbody?????????
  4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

this sounds like heat to me. i have experienced something similar to this when i left the fan speed on my graphics card low and watched a near enough full screen video - i turned the fan speed back up and after a few seconds it came back, because the gpu had cooled down again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.