Problems with boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

first post so I don't really know if this is the right forum, my apologies if it isn't.

Anyway, I'm having a few problems with a pc that I have put together recently. It's not new, its made from parts I had lying about. I have made computers before and I'm positive everything is plugged in correctly etc the problem is the pc turns on but it doesn't boot up properly.

It turns on, the fan starts the hd beeps and the LED light come on but this is when the problems start. It either boots into the screen which gives you a choice of 'safe mode', 'normal' (the HD has ME on it at the moment) etc and when I select a choice it just sticks there and doesn't move. Or it gets to the 'Pacard Bell' spash screen with 'press F2 to get into cmos etc' but the keyboard doesn't respond, it just sticks there.

I've got as far as the ME spash screen, then it stuck. No idea what could be wrong with it, I appreciate your responses.

Regards, Ian.

Does the system speaker just beep once for a short time as normal, or are there a number of beeps?

will the computer boot up properly with a different hard drive?

LED light come on but this is when the problems start. It either boots into the screen which gives you a choice of 'safe mode', 'normal' (the HD has ME on it at the moment) etc and when I select a choice it just sticks there and doesn't move. Or it gets to the 'Pacard Bell' spash screen with 'press F2 to get into cmos etc' but the keyboard doesn't respond

Does the keyboard work? Try it in another machine, or try booting with a known working keyboard.

Ian.. Quotes "

Anyway, I'm having a few problems with a pc that I have put together recently. It's not new, its made from parts I had lying about. I have made computers before and I'm positive everything is plugged in correctly etc the problem is the pc turns on but it doesn't boot up properly."

Was that HDD formatted and loaded with Me before this build or After?
If it is before use a boot disk and format and load ME.The old O/S won't recognize the new configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back