Problems with CD Burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately it would seem that i am unable to burn cds with any sort of cd burner. I first used a BenQ External CD-RW and today purchased a Sony internal CD-R/RW. I attempted to burn a cd using both Nero 6 and WMP 10 and was unsuccesful. The files convert fine but when the burner begins to spin it quickly dies down again and burning ends telling me that i should insert a different CD. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks. :confused:

There are only CD-R disks, they aren't like DVDs and have both + and -.

You could check to see that the drive is operating in DMA mode rather than PIO mode. For you internal you can check on the IDE controller its on in Device Manager. I don't know for your External but you should be able to find it in the device manager if you poke around some.

I can't seem to find this DMA control anywhere. My burner is listed under DVD/CD-ROM drives and not under IDE. I don't know if this would be a clue since the DMA option isn't listed under the any of the tabs when i open properties on it. I just recently installed my Audigy 2 Value within the last couple months but am unsure if that is causing a problem.

I told you the DMA/PIO on your IDE controller in Device Manager. Look there, NOT at your drive.
DMA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back