Problems with CHKDSK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain828

I've run into some strange problems since I increased the space on my main Partition (C:/) from 20 to 30 GB using Partition Magic 8: everytime I now boot, CHKDSK makes a scan
I've used Partition Magic a couple of times and so far no glitches, but I don't even know if that's the cause of this anomaly
I have a WD 250 GB on ATA100 (hell, it barely has an year) that runs flawlessly so a HDD malfunction is out of the question.
I can live with CHKDSK running on every boot, however I have an USB keyboard (G15) and it won't read the "any key" required to skip the test
Anyone experienced this before? Thx in advance ;)

C drive and Windows

Why are you starving Windows with 30 gb out of 250 ?
It need more then that to operate well.Like at least 15 % unused.
Re : chkdsk. You must have it set as a daily or reg task.
So check your "Scheduled Tasks".
This is it's property,or look in System tools on the start menu.

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

Tip : Convert your kbd to PS/2 if you can.Logitech recommends it for mine.
The converter came with the package.
I have no problem like you describe.

@smore yeah, did that on both drives, nothing happened
@zipperman I'm not starving Windows, but I need the rest of my space for Games, Movies, Music, etc
I checked that thing with the regs and Scheduled Tasks, but nothing.
off topic: I didn't find a converter for my G15 in the package, I got one for my MX1000 though ;) Perhaps I'll buy one later, anyways thx for the tip

Item 4 Partition

Captain828 said:
@smore yeah, did that on both drives, nothing happened
@zipperman I'm not starving Windows, but I need the rest of my space for Games, Movies, Music, etc
I checked that thing with the regs and Scheduled Tasks, but nothing.
off topic: I didn't find a converter for my G15 in the package, I got one for my MX1000 though ;) Perhaps I'll buy one later, anyways thx for the tip
This might help answer your ?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc...wers.search_fnl&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1

Note: I have a partition for Movies and 1 for Music.
But i think games should be installed on C: It's usually suggested during
installation.But you do it your way if it works and you have no game problems to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back