TechSpot

Problems with connection

By M.Jones
Oct 11, 2005
  1. Hey,
    for some time my net connection has been goin crazy i have even reformatted my pc still doesn't work anywyas the problem i see is that my sent data is like in the billions and my recieved data is only about 300,000 i was wondering if that was normal or is it something i can fix cause it lags a game i play and it jsut started doin it thanks

2. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Hi
    Did you perhaps install something just before this behaviour started?

3. M.Jones

M.Jones TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey

no the only thing i have installed on my pc is vetntrilo and world of warcraft and i havent had a problem till recently. I ran a netstat to see what i was talkin to and nothing out of the ordinary came up so i am puzzled :suspiciou

4. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Hi
    Have you run a updated spyware and av routine on the system recently?

5. M.Jones

hey

yes, i have microsoft anti spyware and it doesn't find anything when i run a scan so i dont know lol its confusing as crap

6. milkmaid

milkmaid TS Rookie

maybe installing a decent firewall will help u pinpoint where the traffic is comming from?

7. M.Jones

hey

ok ill try it and see do u know of a god one i can get or can i dl one from microsoft

8. Kevin16

Kevin16 TS Rookie Posts: 92

You should call your provider and ask if everything is OK over there. Sometimes it is not your fault that your connection is messed up.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.