TechSpot

problems with freezing game

By coyote17
Dec 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I play bf2 and use a gforce 5500 fx card and have no problems at all..but i also race online with nascar racing season 2003 and everytime i connect to a server(or ip to ip)i have issues...now when i first connect it is fine..but when i click on continue it starts clicking for a moment then connects...when i look at my pings are through the roof as well as quality...i have to let it sit for a few moments to settle down...and sometimes it will just disconnect me from server..used to run 55 ping and 100 on quality now when it settles down i have a 115 ping...do not know what to do with it...i have an amd 64 2800+ with the gforce 5500 fx card...i tried onboard sound and my on sound card and still does same thing...i have did a complete format and reinstalled the game and still have the problems..thanx for the help guys
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Sound cards dont have to do with Ping / Internet so dont worry about that

If the game Freezes is because you have a low ammount of RAM ( you need 1 gig to run BF2 )

Do this:

Go to this website:
    www.systemrequirementslab.com

If you get recommended you system might be running too much programs so go to Ctrl + alt + delete and delete all the useless stuff like MSN, AIM, Itunes or anything you dont need while running games, Also dont delete anything under System, Local Service, Network or Taskmgr.exe / Explorer.exe

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)
  3. coyote17

coyote17 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have a 1gig memory..but my bf2 is not the problem..it is my nascar racing 2003 season that is the proplem...i always run a selective startup before i play any games..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.