problems with freezing game

By coyote17
Dec 9, 2006
  1. I play bf2 and use a gforce 5500 fx card and have no problems at all..but i also race online with nascar racing season 2003 and everytime i connect to a server(or ip to ip)i have when i first connect it is fine..but when i click on continue it starts clicking for a moment then connects...when i look at my pings are through the roof as well as quality...i have to let it sit for a few moments to settle down...and sometimes it will just disconnect me from server..used to run 55 ping and 100 on quality now when it settles down i have a 115 not know what to do with it...i have an amd 64 2800+ with the gforce 5500 fx card...i tried onboard sound and my on sound card and still does same thing...i have did a complete format and reinstalled the game and still have the problems..thanx for the help guys
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Sound cards dont have to do with Ping / Internet so dont worry about that

If the game Freezes is because you have a low ammount of RAM ( you need 1 gig to run BF2 )

Do this:

Go to this website:

If you get recommended you system might be running too much programs so go to Ctrl + alt + delete and delete all the useless stuff like MSN, AIM, Itunes or anything you dont need while running games, Also dont delete anything under System, Local Service, Network or Taskmgr.exe / Explorer.exe

If you get a minimum pass then upgrade your system to the stuff it needs ( videocard, RAM or something else like that )

If you fail do the same for the minimum pass results

Hope I helped :)
  3. coyote17

coyote17 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have a 1gig memory..but my bf2 is not the is my nascar racing 2003 season that is the proplem...i always run a selective startup before i play any games..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.