problems with games startin i think its because of my directx

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ive been tryin to play some older games on my computer and they wont work one of them wont even start so i have had a look at my dxdiag and have found that one of my drivers isnt verified for some reason.
in the directx drivers link it says my vga.drv isnt verified and in the display link it says the SiSGRV.dll isnt verfied is there any way i can fix this

i was using the one off the cd but in the dxdiag it says files are missing so i tried to download the new one from microsoft but it didnt work

You should not require verified files with those names. I doubt that is the problem. Download and install the latest DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft, and you should be ok after a reboot.
Or you can download the latest drivers from SiS, to see if they help.

Download details: DirectX SDK - (April 2007) Download the complete DirectX SDK, which contains the DirectX Runtime and all DirectX software ... April 2007 Download the complete DirectX SDK, which contains the DirectX Runtime and all DirectX ... or download the DirectX 9.0c runtime to a file where you can then click to install it.

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86CF7FA2-E953-475C-ABDE-F016E4F7B61A...

i have installed the direct sdk pack and now i was wondering what else i need to do with the pack and also what drivers i will need to install

Use Everest free download, or Belarc free download to determine what SiS related components, or Motherboard. Then go to the Website of your motherboard manufacturer, the website of the computer builder by brand and model, or to www.SiS.com where you will find tabs on which you can click for Support and for Downloads.
It is all in knowing which model you have first. You can take the chip numbers off the SiS chip(s) on the motherboard, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back