Problems with halo PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xain

was just curious as to find out if anyone else when playing the PC version of Halo ever experienced problems where guns with a zoom function, such as sniper rifle, would zoom automatically and the button to zoom doesnt work.

another problem is at times in multiplay, sometimes i get some kinda stretched out shot of a person which may also be known as a horizontal tear.

if anyone can help that would be great

No. The only problem i have found with it is when you come load/checkpoints it lags a little while it loads. Theres also some slowdown in large battles but i expected that. Other than that it seems to run just fine. I havent found any glitches with guns or anything yet.

for some reason when i use the pistol or sniper rifle, they zoom all by themselves and my zoom button doesnt work so i will be walking and it will zoom for a few mins then zoom back out, but the sniper rifle zooms to 2X for a few mins then zooms to 8X for a few mins, then it goes back to normal. i dont know how to fix this auto zoom stuff.

and yes, i do experience that checkpoint loading choppiness and the big group stuff

I've never seen that problem either Xain. The only issues I have are the same ones lalaji already pointed out. Other than that I'm pretty impressed with it.

interesting story.....turns out the auto zoom was due to the zoom button on my joystick (guess i shouldve checked every settings before actually starting ^_^;;;; ) thx for the replies though guys

Originally posted by Xain
interesting story.....turns out the auto zoom was due to the zoom button on my joystick (guess i shouldve checked every settings before actually starting ^_^;;;; ) thx for the replies though guys

You actually play it with your joystick ?

The mouse/keyboard combo is much "natural" when it comes to FPS games IMO.

One of the advantages of having Halo on the PC is being able to use that combo so I can't see why you would you insist on playing it like on a XboX...:confused:

no, i dont play with joystick, i use the mouse and keyboard, but the joystick is hooked up and the button that zoom was set to on the joystick was what was making the guns zoom on their own

keyboard/mouse combo is the only way to play these types of games

Have you tried updating Halo to the latest patch from Microsoft's Halo site?

I also have Halo (Just came out in UK), yet haven't experienced ANY problems, which is surprising considering you guys have :confused: .

If any of you fellas feel up for a multiplayer match, give me a shout ;) , who knows, we could make a TS clan if there are enough of us :) .

well if you want, when im on halo im usually on a server called [OL] Server or [OL] Game Server since im part of a group called the Outlaw Legends.

if you would like to know more, visit our web site www.outlawlegends.tk or if you have AIM, feel free to drop a message to me at xain84, in which we can get a chat room created with the group leader and see if he wants to recruit new people

oh yea, and i no longer have any problems playing halo ^_^

Ahh, very cool man, I think I will drop by in your server some time :) . This should be a challenge for me as I am so used to SOF2 (I OWN), to play Halo online should be a challlenge, makes it even more exciting ;) .

I just downloaded the demo, haven't gotten my hands on the whole game yet. I must say it looks pretty good, but it's the first game that I've played that bogs down on my computer when I have every setting at max. As some of you have said, when I get in a big battle, it slows way down. Guess I'm going to have to come off the settings some.

I would just like to know who can run it at 95 fps. But it's true, AA and AF have no effect on image quality due to the way halo does some of its special effects.

olefarte i would be interested to know what settings u have experienced lag in, as ur system is faster than mine.

btw i stopped playing it because of a lack of low latency servers, i only like the 10 or more player games and lots of people make 16 player games when they can only handle maybe 5 which is very gay... are there any dedicated servers up now and how many anyone?

XD

I haven't played online yet, so I can't comment on that.

As far as the settings I used, I had AA at 4x and AF at 8x, VSync on, Texture and Mapmap Detail at max. And all settings in the game maxed out, res at 1280x1024. That's the way I run all games. Moved the res back to 1024x768, no help there. Whenever I was in a big battle it slowed down almost to a stop.

I haven't had a chance to play any more, but I imagine I'm going to have to turn VSync, AA and AF off and see if that helps. Probably bring every setting way down.

Oh, almost forgot, I was using the latest Omega drivers, but have went back to the 3.7's, don't know if that will make any difference.

the multiplay is really cool, especially when your on a team and you and a few others decide to ride the tank, its cool having one person shoot the big cannon and side gun, and have up to 4 people on the sides with different guns shooting everywhere else.

i hope to see some of you on someday, havent played much since im usually taking care of stuff on JK2 (*****s, lamers etc etc...) but i do think about gettin a game of halo started at times

Halo Performance - AA

Saw some screenshots of Halo on Extremetech which showed 4X AA and none at all. The AA makes little to no difference on Halo, so it seems to be not worth the performance hit. You can run a time demo which will dump a text file to the Halo folder showing your average FPS's. Add -timedemo to the end of your shortcut path and it will automatically run.

All the above info can be found at extremetech. Direct quote

"If you want to see just how ugly Halo can look, try out that fixed function pipeline option. Ouch! On GeForce FX cards, moving from pixel shader version 2.0 to 1.4 results in a really nice speed boost—with a further boost when you move down to PS1.1. ATI cards, which run far better with PS2.0, get less of a speed gain."

Good Luck the game is hell of cool.

Yeah, I cut all my settings back a lot, so it would run in the battle scenes, and it doesn't look good at all, but it ran good. Haven't had a chance to try again, but, I imagine I can run my settings up at least some and still be okay.

I haven't bought the game yet, although I had my hands on it yesterday, and started to. I've got the demo only, and I may be the only one in the world, but, I just can't get that excited about this game.

well, I can't say nothing about the PC version, cause mine wont ru this game, but I have wore it out on X-box

Originally posted by DLx/P
well, I can't say nothing about the PC version, cause mine wont ru this game, but I have wore it out on X-box
Wouldn't want to buy a good used computer, would you. HeHe.

lol.....nah...but Im not beyond taking hand me downs! You could probably put that flat panel in your carry-on luggage!! ;)

Cannot see when zoomed in (jsut a flat color is displayed)

Anyone see this problem with PC version of Halo? Anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks...

another ZOOM problem...

well... i don't have the same zoom problem... i have one that is somewhat weird... when i zoom in it zooms i think... WAY too far and can only see one color.. not exactly sure what it is.. .think my have something to do with the fact that they never did product testing on my the vid card i'm running(geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb) can anyone help?!?!:confused: :confused: :(

Graphics

I just downloaded the latest driver for my nvidia geforce fx 5200 and ever since that happened the graphics would be wierd like a line drawn from a body or gun and it is soooo obnoxious. If u know wuts wrong please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back