Problems With Intergrated Graphics Card....Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTech

I bought a Acer Aspire T660 Desktop like 6months ago. My graphics Card is ATI Radeon 200M which is intergrated. I bought a nVIDIA 7600GT and right now my RAM and Graphics card is shared.............so i have a 1gb RAM and 256mb graphis card......currently my RAM is 768mb because 1gb - 265mb. If i install the nVIDIA in the PCI-E slot.......and i when i disable my ATI graphics card would it be possible to get 1GB RAM or would both graphics card and RAM get diasbled. i appreciate your help

well it is possble to cut the ram down your allowing your video card to grab (this is done in the bios)... when you install the new Graphics card into the slot it wont take anymore ram and it wont give you anymore ram it is up to you to either disable your igp (thats how mine is set up have all my ram) and just run the video card you installed... seeing as how you have a decent chipset you shouldnt have to disable the igp to get the card to function, but you will still have on 768mb of ram... if you choose to disable it and just have the card you will have all your ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back