Problems with issearch.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a scan of my comp using Norton AV 2005 but it wont delete or quarantine this file: issearch.exe.
i noticed quite a few ppl are having the same problem I have with the weird processes running like ishost.exe and ismon.exe. I also keep getting popups telling me i have malware or "security alert!" and to click on the popup to rectify the problem. please advise. thank you

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with some real nasties.

Download and run these three tools. Follow the instructions for using each tool carefully.

Tool1. Tool2. Tool3.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after running the above tools.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of garnetron only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the response.
Actually i ended up doing a system restore by accident when running the first tool in safe mode but i still ran the other two tools afterwards. So far so good. the pop ups have disappeared and everything is running as before. still let me know what the hjt shows up. thanks

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
Viewpoint Toolbar V35

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=wKX1ILEOi+Vh7AfA98Gm4Me69ZMbubcD/YOx16Q+SeU73 b9uNkMfJuFxCEYk3UfDJnqaN1oOK29DeDfXeLD7fPr/0pEqZ9cxjkjkgwqoNJfVdtU2goVcfpXBNksQE 5AmyDh4LgUcjJZ0segC1JLQn6KzJqHEWZA7DyXR3dHNTq2ikw7ksHMxf6iUv8Nn2MsF

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBarBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - Startup: Morpheus.lnk = C:\Program Files\Morpheus\Morpheus.exe

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe

O4 - Global Startup: flyfone.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar V35\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Nicholas Small\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of garnetron only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok, i followed all the instructions given but i was unable to delete this folder: C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
i was able to delete viewpoint.exe but when trying to delete the folder, i kept getting the error msg saying it was being used.
Here's the fresh hjt.

Your HJT log is clean.

Did you completely uninstall Viewpoint from add remove programmes?

Try deleting the Viewpoint folder again.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back