Problems with letters of the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP... THE 'a' KEY & OTHERS SURROUNDING IT SOMETIMES STOP WORKING ON MY KEYBOaRD. SOMETIMES THEY WORK & THEN THEY STOP. WHaT IS IT? IVE CHaNGED KEYBOaRD & STILL THE SaME. COULD IT BE THE BaSE UNIT CONNECTOR? ITS BECOMING VERY aNNOYING & JUST NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THX :eek: :)

Welcome to Techspot !
First you should know that it is impolite to type in all capital letters( Unless this was the work of a faulty Kb)
It is the same as yelling at someone.
You should try reading this post for some pointers https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.htmls.
As for your keyboard,
If it is a branded type that has it's own software these have settings to control the keys usage. Sometimes an update to the software can fix these problems.
For normal keyboards it is really best just to buy a new one .They are cheap and you may get more serious errors if you try to fix your present unit.

Problems to keyboard

Thanks for the reply! I have tried to update the software but I have the latest one already. Currently I have a Ps2 connection, so I have purchased a Ps2 - USB connector to see if it is the port that is the problem. I have exchanged the key board twice and still the problem persists. So this is my last hope, that it is the socket in the base unit, so im going to convert to a USB connection. Thanks :giddy:

if you have more than 1 keyboard with the same identical issue, the problem lies with your motherboard. Check the connection on the PS/2 terminal in the back. Do you have a bent pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back