Problems with loading IE6 on Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some problems with virus' on my computer and my internet explorer was removed. I don't have a disk to put it back on. I went to MS and downloaded the 500K ie6setup file. After I run the file I have put those files in a folder When I run ie6wzd.exe I get the screens saying that it will install IE6 on the computer but it needs to goto the internet to get files. When I click yes, the install box goes away and nothing happens. I have tried it with my dial up internet running, but doens't seem to help. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try? Is the program looking for the old IE5 to download the files and its not there? Is there somewhere where I can download the full install without going to MS?

Thanks
Chris

I have used another computer to get the files downloaded. I now get an error message that says "Error creating process<C:\Documents....IXP000.TMP\ie6wzd.exe /S:"C:\Windows...\ie6setup.exe:> Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Any thoughts on what do do next...

Thanks in advance.

Chris

chris611 said:
I have used another computer to get the files downloaded. I now get an error message that says "Error creating process<C:\Documents....IXP000.TMP\ie6wzd.exe /S:"C:\Windows...\ie6setup.exe:> Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Any thoughts on what do do next...

Thanks in advance.

Chris
When you open up the link on bottom on the right hand side of the page download for win 2000sp1 and do not down load any other updates for win2000,You install the original win2k from the cd and install this SP1,never download any other updates from microsoft for win2k or you will have problems running any programs.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-5E5D-48F5-B02B-20B602228DE6&displaylang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back