Problems with microphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just bought a SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Edition sound card. Brilliant sound, exellent quality. BUT, now my mic wont work. The front panel wont work, the mobo panel wont work, and the SoundBlaster's jack wont work either. In vista, I go to Start/Control Panel/Sound and experiment with different jacks. The frontpanel comes up with no response, the backpanel comes up with no response. When I plug it into the blue mic jack on the SB, It says Line-In working. But it's not. There is another mic option in the sound panel, Microphone FP, but it clearly means the one on the I/O drive, and mine didnt come with an I/O drive. Any help on this matter would be useful, my clan and server wish i could talk to them. I would prefer not messing with the registry if at all possible. Thanks, Will.

Disconnect the Front Panel. It's probaly AC-97, and X-fi only supports HD audio for front panel. That'll make your mic work again, the same happens with my Xtremegamer. Also, do not use any USB Mics, including the ones that come with a web-cam. And update your drivers as often as possible.

I had a diagram but my post count is not high enough, unplugging the front panel sound from the mobo sound header didnt work, the jack on the card will not work. And no my FP sound is not HD. will I need to replace my front panel? or is there a fix. I will even return the card if it means getting my mic back online. I have vids to make, servers to admin, and family to talk to. ANY ideas are welcome.
i17[dot]photobucket[dot]com/albums/b61/hedgehogblast/diagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back