Problems with motherboard and graphic card

Brighter

Hello,

I just finished building a computer and got it working within a few minutes, Installed windows 7 64bit and then proceeded to install all the updates required.

I shut it down and plug the graphic card into the motherboard, turn on the PC and everything turns on like it normally should, but after 10 to 15 seconds it shuts off and automatically turns on a few seconds later and this is non-stop until I shut down the power from the power supply.

The motherboard is a Biostar H61ML and the graphic card is a GeForce 8400GS DDR2 512MB PCI.

The system has 8GB Ram, Intel Quad-Core 3.10GHz 2400, Cooler Master 500w Extreme Power Plus Power Supply, and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler.

Is there a problem with the graphic card or the motherboard and graphic card are not compatible with each other?

Thank you.

You said you were able to install the computer; did you use any other graphics card for that (which one?)?

Is this still during the BIOS phase of booting or are you already seeing Windows logo? If you experience issues during the BIOS phase, you might be able to get more information by showing BIOS Post information (you can normally enable this in your BIOS).

No, I just used the vga port that comes in the motherboard to make all the updates and installations.

Then I turned the PC off and inserted the graphic card into the pci slot and when I turn the PC on the fans spin for a few seconds and then it auto-restarts.

Nothing shows in the bios nor does it make any kind of beeping.

Back