TechSpot

problems with my old pc

By etones
Sep 2, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i gave my old pc to my mum, and before i give it to her i reinstalled windows xp, but a few days after i gave it to her, she started having problems

specs -

windows xp pro
    dell dimension xps t500
    intel pentium 3
    320mb ram

problem 1 - the pc frezzes at shut down

problem 2 - pc sometimes doesnt start sucessfully

problem 3 (new problem just started) - sometimes the usb ports, printer port, keyboard and mouse ports fail, and theres nothing to control the pc with.

problem 4 - sometimes when you turn the pc on and go to login the pc automicly says windows is shuting down.

i was going to try reinstalling windows xp again, but i cant find my product key. can anyone help

2. Xtra

Xtra TS Rookie Posts: 46

Have you tried safe mode?

3. etones

etones TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 187

thanks for replying but just got it working, just reinstalled windows xp again, working fine now

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

etones
    For future reference.
    >> i was going to try reinstalling windows xp again, but i cant find my product key. can anyone help

Download:
    Belarc

Amongst the information that is supplied is your product key. Save the page.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.