Problem's with my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Matsonic motherboard with AGP 4X and a Geforce 4 mx 440 with AGP 8X. After I install the video card and the drivers for it ( i tried the lates detonator 44.23 ) and after restarting the computer the screen goes black like when it's on stand-by.
I tried different driver for it but still nothing. If i start my computer in safe mode and uninstalled the device. After this it's ok ( the WIn XP finds a new device and installs it) until a change the resolution. The screen goes black again and the monitor has the same problem.
What could be wrong? It's my motherboard the main cause?
I tried the gf with other MB and it's working

Make sure the refresh rate for the monitor isnt set too high. Also make sure your BIOS is set at 4x. I had an MX400 that never worked right with the latest drivers. I always had to use the ones that came with the card.

Sounds like your monitor cant handle the higher resolution ratings. Check to see what the max your monitor can handle is and be sure not to exceed that.

NO signal Cable

Hi guys
When I turn on my PC I got that message on my monitor ( NO signal Cable ), I hear 4 beeps, I can press Ctrl, ALt, DEL I got response on keyboard, but still the same MSG on the Monitor, pls help, Is it the VGA Card???, BIOS,???

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back