Problems with new Radeon card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I recently bought a Radeon 9550. I put it in, no problems. Started up my computer, no problems. Tried to play my game... Problems start. I know I meet the system requirements. The screen turns black, I've got no clue on whats going on. My friend's a computer engineer. He looked at it and told me that The IRQ of the Wireless card and the video card are the same, which causes a conflict. He told me to try to take the card out and play the game. I did and it worked. So my question is, How do I change the IRQ? 17 and 18 are open and I(or him) can't change the IRQ of the wireless card. I really need to know how, and I'm getting very frustrated.

Oh, and I don't know if it helps, I'm running a Windows XP, AMD 3000+, 2.00 GHz, 256 MB of ram.

I don't have any idea about the IRQ, but what is the game you are trying to play? I ask this because the Radeon 9550 has several compatibility issues with certain games. Maybe someone else will know about the IRQ.
Cheers

I think if it's in a PCI slot you can switch slots and get a different IRQ. Also if you go to device manager and find the hardware on the list you can find something there about the IRQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back