problems with new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Can anyone help I have just bought a new base station from ebay. it was built with all new parts listed below
ASROCK motherboard
NVIDIA 6200 graphics card with 512mb of DDR3 memory
MAXTOR 200gig hard drive
2 gig of DDR 333 memory
PHILIPS DVD RW drive
intel pentium 4 processor.
I have loaded the operating system OK but I can not seem to get the NVIDIA WDM video drivers to load and can not play dvds on the dvd rom.
I also can not register my copy of windows on the internet as it does not recognise my validation code.

Any help would be great.

waynerwhman said:
I can not seem to get the NVIDIA WDM video drivers to load
WDM? So your 6200 is a VIVO with capture input and/or TV Tuner? If not, you don't need WDM drivers.

If so, you'll need to figure out what exact 6200 brand you have (Asus, Gigabyte, XFX, etc.etc.). You can try the latest WDM drivers from NVidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce6_4.09.html

If this driver doesn't recognize the VIVO/tuner chip on your card, this one might:
http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/nVidia/Released_Drv/WDMDrv413.zip

Otherwise, you'll need to find it on the manufacturer's website for your specific card brand.

and can not play dvds on the dvd rom.
Out of the box, you cannot. You need a DVD decoder, which requires a license. WinDVD, PowerDVD and NV-DVD all include a dvd-encoder + license. You'll need one of these. If your system came with the cd's for the hardware, check the dvd cd for a freebie/limited version of a DVD player.. or the CD for the videocard as these usually do have generic/1-license encoders included.

I also can not register my copy of windows on the internet as it does not recognise my validation code.
Sounds like this code was used on another PC or it's a ******/non-authentic copy of Windows. If the license was already activated on another PC, you may need to call the 1-800 number in the failure to activate screen as they can give you a code over the phone to re-initialize it to the new PC.

many thanks

I feel such fool. I just thought as the drivers were there I needed them. As for the dvd I did not get anything with it I will see if I can get a copy of windvd. The authenticity code well now its obvious I registered it on my old machine that why it does not recognise it. Thanks for your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back