Problems with Norton Internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I just renewed my Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition for the year and then decided to get Norton Personal firewall as well. Renewal of the Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Editionwas fine till i downloaded the firewall which seemed to overwrite the Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition and then it would keep popping up saying i had no protection on my computer against viruses because Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition
was totally gone. disabled the firewall for the moment as it was interfering with my emails and i couldn't get online..Is this normal and how do i get back the Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition? I went through the troubleshooting guides but i guess because its totally deleted my norton internet security i can no longer renew what i don't have...ok..i would appreciate any help at all as i feel like what a waste of money :(
cheers maeve

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you look around these forums you will see, Symantec/Norton crapware causes all kinds of problems.

The best advice I can give you, is to get rid of Norton altogether, and try using a different security product.

AVG free antivirus, and Zonealarm free firewall work very well together. You can get them HERE and HERE

Your system will also run a lot faster without that resource hogging Norton crap.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

Thanks Howard
I'll give that a try. I should just put it down to bad experience...will let ya's know how i get on..
maeve

maevep said:
Hi Guys I just renewed my Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition for the year and then decided to get Norton Personal firewall as well. Renewal of the Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Editionwas fine till i downloaded the firewall which seemed to overwrite the Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition and then it would keep popping up saying i had no protection on my computer against viruses because Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition
was totally gone. cheers maeve

Unless I have completely misunderstood what you have written, it would appear that you downloaded Norton Personal Firewall onto a computer which had Norton Internet Security, which already contains Norton Firewall. Nothing good could result from that.

I agree with Howard_Hopkinso that you would be better off without the Symantec products.

Please read the following thread completely to get some suggestions:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44799.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back