Problems with OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

razzvanbot

Hi, I have a unknown problem with my PC.................when i shut down my computer after the message "saving your settings" my computer freezes and a blue screen apear................i've disconnect all my hardware and assembled again and still don't want to shut down........it even sometimes wont start(in this case the same blue screen apears)..............I have an AMD Ahtlon 64 3200+ (2000 Mhz) ECS nforce 3 motherboard , ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB DDRAM(128bit), 1,2 GB DDRAM, 250 GB HDD , DVD-RW LG , TV-Tuner , Realtek RTL8139/810x network adapter and OS Windows XP Service Pack 2.

boot into SAFE MODE using F8

let it configure

run ->cmd /k chkdsk /f

when that completes
run->cmd /k SFC /SCANNOW

i can't run windows in safe mode because it freezes the same way it freezes when i shut down, just before i press the yes button to go into safe mode...........but if i run in normal mode it boots...........:mad:

your RAM problem.Replace a new one, or you can use eraser to "rub" the RAM pins(Both sides). See wheather it's work or not.

it wasn't the RAM, it was the HDD.................i've used another computer to do the chkdsk and it found an error in the file system.................thanks for the tip..........but what could cause this error?.....?

usual suspects are maltreatment (eg: freezing leads to force power off)
or loss of A/C power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back