Problems with partitions : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

Hey all,

I have 1 seagate HD with a 130 gb capacity. It is divided into 3 partitions os partition, apps partition, and storage partition. There is 10 gigs on the xp partition, 20 on th apps and 100 on the storage. The HD was going strong no probs, when out of the blue I was unable to install anything on any partition but the one set aside for xp. Seeing as it only had 10gb on I ran out of room quickly. The error that comes up when trying to install on other partitions states that it is unsafe to install on this drive. Is there anything that can be done??

I asked my freind about my partition poblem, he said it might be due to security issues. Could my antivirus be keeping me from using other paths to install??

You should just have made one big partition. Not sure why you would want to make 3 unless you want your files really organized.

Yea I agree, but at the time I thought it was a good idea. My freind said that it would make it easier if xp was partitioned by itself : p. Learned my lesson!

nothing wrong with the setup you made
running systems cause a lot of fragmentation
if you keep the os in a smaller partition this is where most frag will happen easyer to defrag
as you learn witch apps you use the most
you will see where they should be put to slow dwn fragged files
as in one of my cases ,I do a lot of video editing
keeping this separate from the other files my defrag is faster
as for problems in accessing files I have never had.
you have another issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back